The Greenhouse at Wilmot Botanical Gardens is dedicated to therapeutic horticulture programming for groups with special needs. The program is based on the belief that an active connection with plants and nature can be a restorative experience and have a profound effect on quality of life. Within a greenhouse and garden environment the program seeks to decrease stress and mental fatigue, boost self-esteem and self-efficacy, and provide community, creativity, and optimism. Program participation is also extended to caregivers in many groups.
Fall 2022 Session Groups and Times
Gynecologic Oncology Group, 10:30am – 11:30am
TH Alumni Group #1, 11:30am – 12:30pm
UF Student Group, 4:00pm – 5:15pm
UF Student Group, 9:30am – 10:45am
TH Alumni Group #2, 11:30am – 12:30pm
FRC, 3:15pm – 4:15pm (every other week)
Program Affiliations & Sponsors
Many of the therapeutic horticulture programs are affiliated with or funded by local organizations, national foundations and/or private donors.
- Cancer Group – Sponsored by Climb for Cancer Foundation
- Florida Recovery Center Group (FRC) – Affiliated with the UF Health Florida Recovery Center
- MHICM Veterans Group (Veterans Affairs) – Sponsored by the B. J. and Eve Wilder Family Foundation, Inc., and affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Mental Health Intensive Case Management program
- UF Student Wellness Group – Sponsored by the Love IV Lawrence Foundation and affiliated with the UF Counseling and Wellness Center
- Women Veterans Group – Sponsored by the B. J. and Eve Wilder Family Foundation, Inc.